Noteworthy Advantages of Using Limestone Tiles And Pavers in Buildings
Limestone is a natural construction material that is used in different parts of f residential and commercial properties. It is a sedimentary rock that is composed of calcite and aragonite, both of which are different forms of Calcium carbonate. Limestone also consists of little amounts of quartz, pyrite, feldspar, siderite, and a few other minerals. The house owners and builders prefer this natural stone because it is a synthetic building material. Thus, limestone tiles and pavers are quite common in many modern buildings, and you can easily use such stones in your house at low cost.
Prime Reasons for Preferring Limestone Tiles and Pavers
- Availability of different shades: Normally, limestone is available in light colours and neutral shades, and they can easily blend with the exterior and interior decors. Ivory, light beige, cream, and light gray shades are also used for flooring of kitchens, dining spaces, bathrooms, and outdoor landscaping features. However, limestone tiles and pavers of darker shades are also available, and you can choose dark green, dark shades of red and brown limestone for your home improvement.
- High durability of floors: Limestone is a heavy material that is mainly used for flooring of balconies, driveways, backyards, pool sides, and garden paths. Due to its heavy weight, it lasts for many years in perfect condition. This natural stone resists the formation of cracks or other damages, and you can easily use such limestone in heavy traffic areas. It is seen that limestone tiles and pavers last even for the lifetime of many house owners if the joints of these materials are properly sealed and regularly maintained.
- Varieties of patterns: Limestone is available in various shades, and it can be installed in different patterns over the concrete surfaces. Normally, most of the people prefer the regular pattern of limestone slabs uniformly over their floors so that rooms look more spacious due to the lighter shades of this stone. Some builders install limestone in a spiral pattern on the floors of kitchens and other parts of their constructed buildings, to make the spaces warmer and informal. The herringbone pattern is usually applied on the walkways and driveways, and you can easily design your exterior with contemporary styles. French pattern and Antique pattern are the best ones for creating a rustic style at homes while maintaining a soothing vibe all over the place.
- Can be cut into any size: Limestone is much softer than any other stone and it can be easily cut into pieces of all sizes. Thus, it becomes much easier for the contractors to cut off a bulk sized stone into smaller slabs of any desirable size while installing limestone tiles and pavers. This stone can be cut off into smaller sizes, to fit into the corners of the floors or in outdoor landscapes. It can be cut into different sizes for creating interesting flooring designs of mosaic nature.
- More affordable prices: Since limestone is more abundantly available in nature, it is much cheaper than granite, marble and other natural stones that are used as building materials. So limestone tiles and pavers are considered as best options for people, who want to use natural stone in their buildings at an affordable cost.
Limestone is a safe construction material, as it is non-combustible in nature and thus, does not allow the spread of fire. The installation of limestone tiles and pavers also increase the property value, due to the aesthetic look and durability. The limestone floors are safer for people, and they are completely slip resistant. So you can also use such stones on your poolside areas.