Planning a Home Reorder? Do Not Ignore Kitchen Renovations
So, after years of strenuous budgeting, you have finally landed on the home renovation decision. You have grounded with subtle plans, but probably you have missed a vital point. You have strong planning for several areas in the home; but, have you included your kitchen? There are multiple ways in which you can start with the kitchen renovation. Right from the lights, to the cabinets and the overall look of the floors and the walls, you need to consider multiple things before you consider kitchen renovation to be over.
You have covered the entire property before entering; therefore, you have witnessed that the policy covers your kitchen too. So, what does it imply? The insurance company and the general administration want you to regard your kitchen at par with the other parts of the premise. Do not ignore kitchen renovations at the time of home remodeling.
Don’t Panic About Expenses
Home insurance policies cover the entire home for not less than 80% of its replacement value. Besides, remodeling projects increase the premise value by about 25 percent or more. Such reflection would not ignore the kitchen; there lies the importance of kitchen renovations.
You will have to review the home insurance policy once you decide to conduct any significant work in your house. Once you make such a review, you will be asked about your kitchen plans. You can start with the kitchen island, the corners and check about the overall floor plans if they need to be changed.
The Insurance Company Says
- Do not forget to inform your home insurance agent about your current restoration plans. The agent would help you to sort out the coverage needs.
- You can choose from wooden, to steel and plastic cabinets to store kitchen items and also use different varieties of knobs to enhance the look of the cabinets.
- There is a hitch in it; your home insurance policy would not reimburse for injuries while carrying out the jobs of kitchen renovations. You will have to take up a personal liability umbrella policy to make good such losses.
- Go out to check the workers’ compensation and contractor’s liability insurance to the contractor group before you decide to hire them.
- Ask your agent for personal property insurance to save your gut from possible thefts.
Points to Consider Hiring a Contractors
You need to engage a contractor for successful conductance of kitchen renovations work. Stick to the following principles before letting them get the final quote:
- Do not forget to hike the insurance coverage limit before the beginning of the work. This is necessary as the majority of policies do not cover fire incidents.
- While hiring an outsider for the job, check out that the person or group has sufficient insurance coverage at the first meeting. Ask him to bring the ‘certificate of coverage’ on the day of the discussion.
- Workers’ compensation is an accidental cover. It safeguards the contractor and his employees against injuries at the work-spot. If the contractor does not have any such insurance and an unprecedented event occurs, you will be penalized.
- The Contractor’s Liability Insurance helps the contractor repudiate any loss out of damage due to intended lax at the kitchen renovations site. Your home insurance policy covers such occurrences; yet, your insurer would expect that the contractor’s insurance company picks up the tab.
Photo by Puig + Paya arquitectos
The Final Words
In the above ways, you can skip bizarre; make your kitchen much more happening with the scheme of innovative colors that your contractor team designs for you. Consider the balance before considering one. There are many home design and renovation books from which you can get the best design ideas, and you can also talk to a kitchen renovations specialist to customize the options.