How to Choose an Outdoor Light Pole?
Outdoor lighting is a vital part for our homes. Not only does it make our house more beautiful and lit-up. They completely change the atmosphere of our outdoors and provide ample safety. Selecting the right type of outdoor light pole can be a daunting task. The installation of the right light pole for your porch and the driveways can enhance the entire lighting atmosphere of your home. You can also include the adjustable light patterns to install them at a proper place in your home.
Where do you want to put outdoor light pole?
You need to decide places where you will set up outdoor lighting in your home. There are more places than just your main gate!
- If you own a car then outdoor light pole for your driveway is a must. This will help you see the driveway properly at night.
- Not only does your driveway need to be lit at night, but you need proper lighting for your garage as well. This will help others see your house clearly when they walk inside your premises. You can choose a bright light or also a dimmed version of green or blue to enhance the overall look of your porch or other parts of your house.
- Do you have a garden or a walkway in front of your house? Then you need to illuminate this area perfectly to avoid yourself or others from tripping over at night.
- An outdoor light pole is also required at your door if you do not want your family or friends to wait outside in the dark. Many of the high quality and trendy light poles are now equipped with motion detectors which make it easier for you to control the amount of light required for your domestic or commercial premise.
Installing porch lights with the outdoor light pole:
- Lighting the porch area is very important. If you love outdoor parties and entertaining guests, then you would not want this place to be dark.
- Lighting your backyard beyond the porch area is vital for the safety of your house. Place proper outdoor lights for an attractive look and better security.
Choosing the type of lamp
Now that you have decided the places that you need to light up outside your house. The UL rating decides what type of moisture condition an outdoor light can be located outside.
Outdoor lighting that is rated as damp is best suited for places that are moist and humid. These fixtures are best suited for outdoor areas that are fully, or half covered like porch, garage etc. these fixtures cannot be directly exposed to harsh weather conditions
Outdoor lighting that is rated as wet is best suited for locations that experience harsh weather conditions. These lights can come in direct contact with water and can be used anywhere outside your house like, driveway, porch, walkway, garden and much more. Now you need to decide the real purpose behind the outdoor light pole that you want to install. Safety and security is the most basic but given below are some other reasons why people light up their outdoors.
To make outdoors pretty
Decorative lights come in a lot of variety that includes the chandeliers, pendant lights, wall light and string lights etc. these always work best for your porch, entryway, garden walkway, stairways, around the trees, outdoor walls etc.
Solar lights, landscape lights, flood lighting are some types of lights that you will require for your driveway, deck area, walking way, garage, main door etc. The security of your house lies in your hands and you need to ensure that you do the best job while making your house look pretty too.