3 Tips to Style a Small Space for Gatherings
If you are anxious and worried about how to organize and plan a gathering in the tiny space of your apartment, well, you are just on the right page for useful guidance. Do not fret, as hundreds of people like you live in small flats and need to host gatherings for personal and professional reasons at home. You could try out some new ideas and even buy a teak chair for a patio to brighten up your outdoor space.
To begin with, stop stressing and focus on how you can maximize the small space and leave your guests impressed. What you need are some tips and tricks to be that ultimate host and throw your next party with great confidence and aplomb. Having a small venue doesn’t mean that you have to compromise your style.
Just try out these tricks, which the entertaining experts of the industry highly recommend.
- Clear some clutter to free up the space and make it look more spacious. You can put away some of those non-essential décors and stash them away for some time. Clean up the space, remove every dust speck, and do not forget the bathroom.
- Avoid ceiling décor as it can make the space look constrained. If the light fixtures are hanging too low, ask, try to adjust them, and hang them at a certain height from the floor and above the tables. It is a good idea to enhance the ambiance with plenty of candles and low lighting to add a touch of elegance.
- Use round tables instead of square or rectangular ones, as they offer more for the layout and the seating. You will be pleasantly surprised to see that you can seat more people at a round table and can make more out of the limited space you have,
- Be flexible with furnishings when it comes to entertaining in a small space. For example, you could plan the layout to accommodate three different groups of seating and keep the center space open for games and activities.
- Keep the décor simple and light, and do not use heavy decorations. Just one or two décor pieces like flowers and a few smaller items can make the place stand out. Designate a separate area for coats and bags and use folding furniture if possible.
- Try to use neutral shades in the room and prioritize whites as they make the space look bright and spacious. Avoid the use of heavy dark colors that can make the small space look even smaller. Get help from an expert if you are unsure about the colors to choose for your walls and décor.
Let’s face the truth! Entertaining your guests in a small, cramped space is indeed challenging. Just improvise and look for innovative ways to maximize the space’s utility and make good use of every inch. Just keep the above tips in mind, and you can feel confident about entertaining your guests with a party that they will remember forever!