House décor is an important aspect of our home because it helps to make the ambience more elegant and attractive. Sliding glass doorshave played a very useful role in this aspect and they are also considered to be the best option to create storage space in the house. They have extra glass panes that go a long way in insulating the house from the cold windy days and nights of the winter season. Another advantage of the doors is that they block the entry of dust and dirt or rain storms. Using the sliding doors will help to provide security as they are equipped with shutter proof safety glasses that are unbreakable. Installing them could be a problem; however there are certain tips and tricks that will help to complete the job within a specific time frame.
Installation instructions: A detailed overview
Although Sliding glass doorscan be place anywhere in the house, they could also be used in patio to enhance the landscape.
– To start with the process, it is vital to eliminate the trim that encompasses the old window unit of the Patio. By using glass doors, the overall ambience could be transformed into an elegant living space. To remove the item, use the utility knife because it slices through the caulk and the paint. It plays an important role in loosening the trim and later on it is removed with the assistance of a pry bar. According to the experts, without knife if the trim is pulled then it may also tear the wall.
– The next step is to disassemble the old patio door so that the Sliding glass doorscould be installed in its place. People should removable very careful in the removal process because it can create a lot of problem for them if it is not done properly. Since the door unit is heavy, step by step removal of the components could be an ideal choice. Internal trims can also be removed if they are creating hindrance in the elimination of the door. The caulk and other pieces should be trimmed with impeccable care.
– There are many issues that might arise while removing the external trim. Sometimes, the pry bar is too big to be accommodated behind the wood for taking out the trim. In such cases magnets can be deployed to attract the nails embedded in the filler then the trim could be loosened.
– For complete elimination of the Patio door, the fasteners such as the nails and the screws have to be removed. They are responsible for holding the units at one place. Sometimes, fasteners are hidden behind the door track or the strike plates. After the process is completed, the old unit should be slowly removed.
– The Sliding glass doorson the patio require space; therefore enough area must be left for the fittings. To prepare the opening, ensure that the window sill is configured up to a certain level and the sides of the entrance are exactly the same as that of the window. If it is big, the additional space can be padded with the help of fillers.
– Before installing the patio glass doors, silicones are tied around the sill. The bottom of the slider is placed firmly into the opening and then the top is fixed into the required position. Units are inundated with the aluminum nailing FLANGS that should be folded into an impeccable manner.
– The nails are hammered into the aluminum frame of the glass covering the rough opening. While inserting the nails, it is important to verify the level of doors ensuring that it doesn’t look out of balance.
Hope you get all above tips for installing the Sliding Glass door. If would like to know more then go through this link and get some addition details.