Your mattress has to go through so much throughout its lifespan. Many accidents happen while you are on your bed like coffee spilling, baby urine, wine spill, vomits, etc. And all these accidents leave behind marks on your mattress that is tough to remove. These stains don’t just ruins the good looks of your mattress but also smell very bad over time.
People try their best to clean the stains from their mattresses but end up making it worse. In some instances, people damaged their mattresses up to that point where they had to get a new set of mattresses because the previous one was damaged and can’t be used anymore. Your mattresses are a piece of investment for which you have spent a reasonable amount of money as well as time while selecting them so you should take care of them so that they last longer.
Many times you will notice that people will not bother cleaning their mattresses after any spillage. They would rather remove the mattress cover or bed sheet and toss them inside the washing machine. The main thing they ignore is the mattress itself as it is the most important part that is supposed to be cleaned. And when your mattress is not cleaned properly, you see spots and stains over it, which also smell very bad.
There are a lot of chemical-based mattress cleaners available in the market that you can use to clean your mattress but they may damage your mattress and worst of all, they can have allergic reactions on your skin. Learn some DIY tips for mattress cleaning from professional leading company in Australia and after testing so many different substances and mixtures, they have listed 5 best ways to clean a mattress. You can use any one of the following methods, whichever is most suitable for you. Here’s a list of steps that you must do along with the methods for stain removal:
- Remove and washing bed sheets and covers: The very first things to do is removing your bed sheets or covers and take them to your washing machine and get them cleaned immediately.
- Vacuuming: now pick a vacuum cleaner and start cleaning your mattress. You have to clean all the dirt as well as any excess amount of liquid from the mattress.
- Start the treatment: now is the time to get started with the cleaning of the mattress. Use any of the 5 methods mentioned here:
- Baking soda and salt: this is the easiest and most common home remedy to clean a mattress. At first, sprinkle baking soda all over the freshly stained area and let it sit there for 10-15 minutes. After that remove baking soda with the help of a vacuum cleaner. Now mix baking soda and salt with a little water to make a paste and apply it over the stain. Rub it generally and let it stay there till it dries up. Scratch the dried-up residue with a spoon and vacuum away all that’s left.
- Hydrogen peroxide and baking soda: if you are looking for a method to get pee stains out of a mattress then this method is best for you. Add 5-6 tablespoons of baking soda to 2 cups of hydrogen peroxide in a spray bottle and mix it well. To this mixture add few drops of dish soap for good freelance. Spray the solution directly over the stained area and let it dry and after that with the help of a damp cloth remove any residue that can be seen on the surface of the mattress.
- Baking soda and essential oils: in some cases, you don’t clean your mattress as soon as it gets dirty, and afterward it starts smelling horrible and that’s when you come to know that there’s a mild stain mark on your mattress. For removing bad odor along with stained, mix few drops of your favorite essential oils in 3-4 tablespoons of baking soda. Mix well, sprinkles it over the smelly area and gently rub it with a clean cloth. After 1-hour vacuum away the residue.
- Vinegar and water: it’s unfortunate but if you have kids in your home then you have to be ready for some puke stains at any time of the day. Vomit stains are most disgusting as they contain so many bacteria and enzymes along with many organic compounds. To remove vomit stains you need to mix water and vinegar in equal proportions in a spray bottle. Now start spraying the area and bloating it with the help of a cotton rag. Repeat it several times and then strew some baking soda over it and at last vacuum clean it after an hour.
- Hydrogen peroxide and salt: blood stains can be tough to remove but not impossible. Just mix salt and liquid soap in equal proportion and then add hydrogen peroxide to it in small quantities to make a paste. Apply this paste to the bloodstains on your mattress and rub it gently with a piece of cotton clothing. Let it sit there until it’s completely dried out and then scrape it away with a spoon or a knife.
All these methods are very effective for stain removal from your mattress but sometimes you might not be able to remove some stubborn stains from your mattress. In that case, you should call Major Carpet Cleaners Sydney so that we can take the matter into our hands. Whenever anyone talks about mattress cleaning in Sydney, they always come at the top as a leading company in the field of mattress cleaning. So no matter what you wanna get cleaned just get in touch with professional and your problems will be solved in no time.