What Is Microcement?
This cement is a coating applied on various surfaces. They can be applied on both interior and exterior surfaces. These are applied on walls, ceilings, and floors. The best part of using microcements is that they do not even need joints. Because of this reason, maintenance, and cleaning become easy. This cement can easily provide the feel and look of a normal concrete but at a lesser cost and weight. Micro-cement comes in varieties of colors, different kinds of varnish finishes, different textures, and are specially hand-crafted to give it a unique design and look.
What Are The Types Of Microcement?
This cement has 5 types and all have different applications depending on the requirements.
- Microbase: This is one of the ideal micro-cement used to get rustic walls or floors. They have an irregular texture and used for the preparation of base to provide a fine finish.
- Microstone: They are the best for exterior coating. It provides uniform colour and its appearance is similar to stone. They contain non-slippery properties and thick texture due to which it is considered to be at par excellence.
- Microdeck: This cement is widely used on floors. Its resistance where there are intense traffic and medium texture makes it a good combination for strong and authentic floors.
- Microfino: This type of micro-cement is used for walls because of its finest finishing. It has a fine texture and its finishing leaves a watermark effect on the walls.
- Aquaciment: This cement is highly resistant towards chlorine and salts in the water because of which it is ideally used to coat ponds and pools.
How Should It Be Used?
The perfect result is only achieved after applying a few layers.
- Firstly, the surface is prepared by applying two layers of micro-cement along with the mesh. This supports the final layer.
- Then again, two layers of this base are applied, this time adding desired colour and texture. This serves as a final appearance of the cement.
- To protect the final layer, double coating of primer is applied which is followed by another double layering of water-resistant sealer.
What Are Its Advantages?
In comparison to polished based cement, microcement holds tremendous advantages which makes it the most opted cement among Australian citizens.
- Unique finishes: Unlike other vertical and horizontal coatings, this cement is customisable which helps in achieving the desired pattern.
- Saves time and money: Micro-cement have a thin depth, usually 2 to 5mm. Thus, shortening of doors due to floor renovation is not necessary. Also, high bonding power helps it to be applied on any surface and the cost of removing the old surface is saved.
- Exceptional durability: Microcement’s abrasion resistance is high and micro-topping almost never cracks if applied on a stable surface which does not shrink or expands under any circumstances.
- Waterproof finish: This cement has the ability to provide the best waterproof finish which makes it suitable to be used in pools, bathrooms, and kitchen.
Price Of Microcement
In accordance with the price, this cement depends on various factors and brands. Cost includes applying the cement by a professional, then there is the cost of an operator who is in charge of materials, displacement, quality, and difficulty in carrying out the work.
To get quality and long lasting result, there are three conditions to be fulfilled:
- For support, the right preparation
- Good and quality product
- A highly experienced and qualified professional to perform the task
Microcement is a combination of resin and concrete which makes it the most used product. Its long lasting effect and durability makes it even more attractive. No high maintenance is required which saves you from spending a lot of money and time. Due to high humidity in bathrooms, many decorative products become unsuitable but in case of this cement, this flaw is totally removed. Thus, having this cement’s coating is not only a treat to the eyes but also to your pocket.