In the 21st century, life on Earth has become so fast-paced that people do not have time to stop and praise the beauty of nature. The flora and fauna of the world are gradually on the verge of extinction due to various reasons. Pollution throughout the whole world is increasing at an alarming rate. Planting small plants and trees will help to reduce the pollution to a large extent.
Gardening dates to the time unknown to the human civilization. It is one of the most relaxing activities that help people in different ways. It relaxes both the mind and the body. Earlier people used to have big gardens in their homes that had beautiful plants and trees. They used to have ample time and thus garden maintenance was done by them properly. Slowly the gardens reduced in sizes with the increasing work stress and the increasing population as people wanted more space to live in.
Which Plants Are Usually Planted in The Gardens Nowadays?
Nowadays, people love to make their gardens in either their balconies or in the terraces. Houses with big gardens are rarely found in cities. Small colorful plants with little flowers are usually found in these gardens. Small shrubs and herbs are also found in the garden areas. This not only helps in the beautification process of the houses but also reduces air pollution as fresh oxygen is released from these plants. Many people now love to grow plants in small containers. Some even grow vegetables in their gardens.
Some people love to create specialized gardens by planting only a single type of plant in their garden areas. This makes the garden maintenance much easier. Garden maintenance is required to be done on regular basis to have a healthy and beautiful garden.
What Should The Beginners Keep in Mind?
Gardening for beginners can be full of enjoyment and fun. It is very important to know that the saplings are like babies and you need to nurture them with love and care. Although gardening can be started as a hobby, but it requires time and patience from you to maintain the garden properly.
Some Tips for The Beginners:
Garden maintenance is one of the most interesting yet time-consuming tasks. Here are some tips that will help a beginner in garden maintenance.
- The people who have never involved themselves into gardening must first buy some basic tools that are essential for gardening like spades, water can, scissors, gloves etc. these will help them to plant the trees properly and help in garden maintenance.
- The beginner must consider certain facts before planting the saplings like the correct type of soil that is required for planting a variety of tree, the favorable climate for that plant, and also the type of soil that should be suitable for the kind of plants that he wants to grow.
- The beginner must wisely choose the plants. He must start with plants that can easily grow in any kind of soil.
- The plants must be kept properly. They must not be exposed to direct sunlight as it may harm the plants and eventually they will die or kept completely away from sunlight as in that case they will not be able to photosynthesize
- Young plants must be kept at proper distances from each other or else they might die.
- The plants must be watered properly and at proper intervals. They must not be watered excessively, and the pots must not become waterlogged as this might kill them.
- The saplings must be watered once in 3 to 4 days
The beginners must keep these little tips in mind if they want to have a healthy and green garden of their own. Gardening not only relaxes a person but also rejuvenates them. The only thing that must be kept in mind is the choice of the plants must be appropriate and they must be properly nurtured.