Tips on Buying Stone Benchtops For Your Kitchen
Everyone wants an elegant looking kitchen. With stone benchtops, you can realize your dream of having one. Stone benchtops offer a classy look to your kitchen. So, while choosing the materials of the benchtops, you should choose the stone varieties. If properly chosen, they can become the centerpiece of your kitchen. However, the choice of color or material is entirely up to you. Also, they are durable, scratch-proof, and family-friendly. Further, they do not have sharp edges and thus, can be considered safe, In case, you are moving to a new house or renovating your house, stone benchtops are highly suggested.
Your old kitchen might look dull. But with the choice of stone benchtops, you can make your kitchen attractive. With your own choices and ideas, you are less likely to regret your decisions.
8 Tips on Buying Stone Benchtops
In case, you may be worried about buying one, here is a guide for you.
- Depth/height: The depth of the stone benchtops is the most essential factor and requires careful consideration. They vary from 600 to 900mm. You should choose the ones that are of the required height so can be cooked upon without any problems. Here, comfort is the main focus. With the proper height, you are more comfortable cooking your meals in the cooking rooms.
- Scratch Resistant: Always choose scratch resistant stone benchtops. If you are passionate about cooking and spend most of your day in the kitchen, you wouldn’t want scratches on your planes, now would you? Moreover, if you have children at home, then this aspect becomes a vital consideration.
- Stain Resistant: Those stone benchtops are excellent which are stain proof. While cooking in the kitchen, the surfaces are likely to get stained. Also, you do not want a dirty kitchen, correct? You sure want a clean kitchen to cook in. Thus, you are recommended to opt for the stain-resistant varieties so the stains can be cleared off easily.
- Heat Resistant: The kitchen is normally the furnace of the house. It’s the most heated area of your house. This is quite obvious since most of your cooking requires fire. So, here comes the need for heat resistance. Stone benchtops are heat resistant and durable as well. Therefore, they constitute a good choice.
- Durability: The chosen stone material should be durable. In case, you choose to stay in one place for years, you wouldn’t want to repair your benchtops frequently. For this reason, you must select the durable varieties to save yourself much bother at a later stage.
- Splashbacks: The splashback should be well chosen so that they protect the walls behind the benchtop. Also, they should be waterproof and easy-to-clean.
- Color Options: Stone benchtops are available in a variety of colors. Now, which color should you choose? This depends entirely on you. But, you are suggested to choose colors that are well-matched with your kitchen interiors. Also, white or grey colors should be avoided as they get stained easily. So, dark colors are more preferable.
- Patterns: Another advantage of stone benchtops lies in the fact that there is a wide assortment to choose from. Through their use, you can make your kitchen livelier.
If we talk about the prices of these benchtops, they are available in various price ranges. But, you should always compare the prices offered by each manufacturer. In this way, the best quality of products can be bought at minimal prices.
Photo by Totaste.studio | Виктор Штефан
Keeping the above-mentioned points in mind, buying a stone benchtop is sure to become easier. In all cases, you must consider the related aspects carefully and make balanced decisions. Only then, you must carry out your purchases. Good luck.
Sara Sugden is a content writer in Gitani Stone, Sara is exclusive in guest blogging, blog publishing and social media campaigns. She specializes in topics like home improvement, and healthy lifestyle.