The bathroom is such a small space where detail matters. And, in such small bathroom, fitting everything in the available space might be a crossword puzzle for some people. Placing sink and toilet on the right place, allowing enough space for a shower, and fixing rods to put towels – these are some of the challenges you face during small bathroom renovations.
If you are planning to renovate your tiny bathroom to make it more accessible, then here are some of the ideas you can follow:
Wall mounting taps
Taps mounted over walls save a lot of space in small bathrooms. If you wish to add a little vanity in your bathroom, wall mounted valves allow you to add a narrow basin and a broader space to brush your teeth comfortably.
Skipping a shower door and installing a frameless panel gives a timeless look. Without any visual boundaries, any small place can look more spacious. So, removing shower doors will be the best while you renovate your small bathroom.
Add mirrors to walls
Having a mirror mounted on the walls can allow you to have extra space in your bathroom. Mirrors, no matter which size they are, always magically broaden the area. So, while renovation, do not afraid of adding a bigger size of the mirror behind the vanity or over the wash basins.
Change tile pattern
Larger tiles and full strip patterns create an illusion of a bigger bathroom. You can trick the eyes by changing the size of the tiles to see through extensive latitude. This way, your small space never looks narrow like before and gives you the feeling of a larger space.
Add shelves under the vanity
Shelves under vanity, either open or closed, offer storage for your essentials. Also, it makes your space stylish and good-looking. You can store your towels, napkins, toilet paper, soaps and more in these storages.
The ceiling lights in a small bathroom impact a lot when you want to create an illusion of wider space. If you are adding lights around the vanity, it creates a perception of wider space and brightens up the area. Also, a lighted mirror on the cabinets increases visibility.
Adding marbled countertops adjoining vanity or extended over the toilet allow extra space. This banjo-style arrangement does not affect the toilet and looks minimalistic where you can place a few things neatly.
The window area
Windows help to get you the natural light in the bathroom. However, in case of bathroom windows, opting shutters over frosted glass would be the better option. Your bath area needs privacy, so be cautious while choosing windows in this room.
Do not forget baths
A small space doesn’t mean you should miss bath luxuries. To add a touch of luxe, you can look for a perfect fit shower or bath that also maximise the space. In the market, there are several options available for small bathroom’s bath luxuries.
Store in ledges
Storage inside the walls is a great way to enhance the looks of your small bathroom. You can add these ledges above the sink to store your daily essentials like hand wash, toothbrush, soap etc. It will not be a good idea to make ledges upon the floor as it covers the space.
Keep stackable baskets
Functionality comes first in any small space. So, keeping stackable baskets in your bathroom not only enhances the look but also help to store your spare linen and toilet papers.
Decorate with plants
Plants are the best way to decorate your narrow space. The indoor plants add life to your bathroom and open the space. You can put these plants near the vanity or above the toilet countertops.
Colour theme for small bathrooms:
Colours are so effective in making the small bathroom seem larger. No doubt, the white makes for wider appearance and many bathroom builders suggest it, but some more colours surely make your tiny bathroom feel larger, like:
- Icy blue
- Soft green
- Pearl grey
How to Use Colours in a Small Bathroom?
- Keep the colour tone same throughout the bathroom. However light colours look great in small bathrooms, but if you have installed dark coloured tiles in the shower or on the floor, keep the second colour accordingly.
- Try to blend-up the tile and wall colour. As in the first tip, the same toned colour that mix well with each other feels like you have one continuous space.
- Same coloured ceilings and walls is also a good idea. Nowadays, a trend of similar bright colours is emerging that help the eyes travel effortlessly throughout the room. It gives a larger appearance to your small bathroom.
- Paint vertical stripes on walls if your small bathroom has short ceilings. It helps into your tiny space seem like taller. Also, apply same colour tone in the rest of the bathroom.
- Just like vertical stripes, use horizontal one for taller ceilings. It makes your bathroom look wider.
- There are many fixtures and elements in the bathroom like doors, windows and mouldings, etc -for them you need a different colour scheme. For these areas, try to go with light colours which make your tiny bathroom appear larger.
- Adding a colourful bathmat or vibrant coloured shower curtains also impacts your small space.
- Painting bathroom with arched designs also makes the ceilings look taller.
Now, if you are renovating your tiny or narrow spaced bathroom, hopefully, these above-said tips and tricks help you a lot to make it seem like a larger place.
Hi, I am Mike Morleye. As a professional writer, I put together my writing skills to share knowledge on diverse topics in a readable, understandable and appealing format.