A garage is a necessity these days for the security of vehicles. Since each household has more than one car now, it becomes more important to dedicate some space in the house for the parking of these assets. A garage not only keeps the vehicle safe from snow, dust and rain but also keeps burglars at bay.
Considering the high significance of garage, homeowners these days are choosing to install fully-featured garage options with different kinds of doors. Common types of garage doors are sliding, automatic, manual, custom split and others. But you can now find insulated garage doors in the market as well. Let’s find out more about these door types.
What insulated garage doors are?
Insulated doors offer an advanced level of both safety and stability for both residential and commercial garages. Since the garage doors are so large in size, heat loss is common to occur during winters. As they need to open and close several times in a day, it is common for them to lose the heat trapped inside. The only effective solution to this problem is to install insulated garage doors which act as heat trappers.
Insulated doors are made up of high-quality insulation materials which trap the surrounding heat and also avoid external heat source to enter inside the garage. In winters, these doors keep the garage warm, and in summers, they keep the garage cool. Insulated doors are available in many different types, such as rolling doors, side hinged doors, manual sliding doors, automatic sliding doors etc.
Making of insulated garage doors
Insulated doors are mostly manufactured using materials such as polystyrene and polyurethane. The garage doors having the insulation of polystyrene uses a layer of polystyrene between two layers of steel panels of the door. In the other type, polyurethane foam is inserted between two layers of steel plates of the door. Both the insulators fill the main gap between the layers of the door and act as standard insulation against heat as well as sound.
Advanced manufacturing process is used for making both types of insulated doors. After manufacturing, reliable companies send them for quality testing. The final product is sent to the market only after receiving quality control approval. Hence, you can be sure that the garage doors you are buying offer maximum performance and insulation against different climatic factors.
Benefits of installing insulated garage doors
There are lots of beneficial factors of using insulated doors for all types of garages. They are:
- Insulated doors act as energy savers. By trapping the heat inside the garage, they balance the inside temperature in all weather conditions and save energy required to operate heaters or coolers in the garage.
- They are sound proof. Insulated doors act as noise dampers due to which they keep the inner garage quiet. This allows you to work with concentration on your vehicle.
- They are climate proof. Whether it is winter or summer, insulated doors will help in maintaining the desired temperature all year round, thus making favourable conditions for continuous work and operation.
- Insulated doors are stronger and more durable than most other types of garage doors. Due to the extra layer of insulation, they tend to operate for a longer time. They do not wear out easily too.
- Insulated doors are safer and securer than most other types of garage doors. Due to their strong build, they are not prone to external threats as well. So, vehicles and other accessories are totally safe at the garage.
- Insulated doors are lighter in weight and can be relocated anytime and anywhere. The insulating foam is quite lighter making the door much lighter in weight.
- The service and maintenance of insulated doors are very minimal.
Keeping in mind all these benefits, insulated garage doors prove to be a better choice always, both for residential as well as commercial garages. Get the best one for your garage and keep your vehicles safe from external weather conditions.