Kitchen fads will come and go, but consumers always prefer to install an island in their pantry. They are absolutely perfect for keeping food and preparing dishes which ensures that you can cook as well as clean while socialize with your near and dear ones. Kitchen islands give you the space for preparing mouth-watering dishes, making informal seating arrangements and creating storage space. Thus, when designing Kitchen Island, make sure you know about the basics and options available. Read on to know about 5 designing tips for getting started.
Caesarstone.ca: Brown Kitchen Countertops
- Look at the shape of cooking area –Kitchen island can be of any shape, apart from being square or rectangular. When planning out the track of the kitchen, do consider the flow of the space. You need to work together with the designing team to choose the right shape for kitchen island.
- Use the space for different purpose – Whether you are planning to add cooktops, wine refrigerators, baking ovens or sinks, kitchen island can help you in various ways other than chopping and preparing mouth-watering dishes. It serves as great functionality thereby, enabling you to enjoy everything at your fingertips.
- Great place for storage –Starting from stashing trays to an inclusive drawer, Kitchen Island can be used in organizing your cooking area in so many ways. You can have the dedicated space for bread machine, electric carving knife and empty pantry as well as counter space to give the kitchen a truly aesthetic and organized look.
- Consider the arrangement for seats – When you have a well-planned kitchen island, you can find various options for seating arrangement. As such, you will no more have to choose only bar stools. It is very important to have comfortable seating at the island so that you can have interesting conversation while enjoying dinner with your family and guests. It is a great way to make yourself feel relaxed while eating your favorite dish in the kitchen.
- Choose the right lighting for a better look –There are pendant lights available for your cooking space that are in demand these days. You may consider using lighting fixtures for adding in pops of color or appealing textures to draw attention of loved ones to your engaging conversation and show off your extraordinary style. They are a great choice when updating your cooking area and adding wow factor to this particular space.
Apart from the tips discussed above, kitchen islands are the perfect place to catch up with your kids and see if they are doing their homework regularly. With various designs available, you can select the one that suits your taste and style before installing it in the cooking area. This will make your kitchen an ideal space for cooking as well as serving tasty dishes.
With the right design for kitchen island, you will have sufficient workspace. The counter is placed at the centre and can be used for food preparation and other pantry requirements. The busy families can use the island to double up the island as tables for having meals quickly.