The dining table is where the family gathers as one to share not only meals but also stories and memories. People bond over food and the dining table helps that process whether it is amongst family, friends of just people who are acquaintances but start the journey of bonding.
When You Choose Timber Dining Tables?
Wooden furniture are never out of fashion and wooden dining tables are always in vogue whether it is your rich cherry wooden furniture or old timber dining tables that is sturdy, reliable and versatile. Another reason why many people prefer timber over other variations is because timber is cheaper compared to other hardwood. While we are looking at dining tables, we often forget to add the chairs and as a result end up with chairs of inferior quality which does not fit well with the table. But, in the case of timber dining tables you can choose the best quality tables with chairs. You can customize a full dining set with timber or hardwood materials, and you can engrave some designs on your tables and chairs.
5 Things to Remember When Choosing Timber Dining Tables
While the looks department is sorted, there are a few pointers that you should keep in mind while buying timber dining tables:
- Budget: The very first thing that you need to consider when buying timber dining tables in your budget. While timber tables are cheaper compared to other wooden pieces, you do not want to go overboard with the look and design. You should also consider practical use of the table because it is not a show piece. So first decide your budget and then choose the best quality timber dining table according to your budget.
- Size: The size matters as you do not want to end up with a table too big or too small for your daily use or for the festivities. If you are a family of four, then four to six seaters will be ideal for you. Else, if you have large family then you can customize a large size timber dining table.
- Appearance: A square room is best complimented by a round table and the round table has their own advantage of everything being within reach of everyone. The finish of the dining table is important as it will add to the décor and theme of the dining room. If you have open kitchen space, then then timber is ideal especially for being resistant to cuts and heat. The hardy wood will serve your purpose of tripling up as a counter too.
- Smart extensions: If you are someone who has a small family but hosts a lot of parties, especially dinner parties then consider extending timber dining tables. Not only does this save space but also looks neat. Here you should be careful of the joints and the slider of the table. Check if the slider is also made of wood and the joints should not be glued shabbily.
- Comfort: Along with being practical, the dining table should be comfortable that includes the right height of both the table and the chairs. The person sitting should be able to access the most space of the table surface without having to constantly nudge others which mean that the breadth of the table, for rectangular timber dining tables, should be neither too narrow nor too wide.
Buying timber dining tables is not only beneficial aesthetically as they add a charm to your space, but they are also very durable, versatile and sturdy making them great investments. Little maintenance of the table with an occasional buffing, wiping and recoating is needed.