Blinds have become very common because these can be used indoor and outdoor settings replacing the traditional partitions and curtains. The practice of replacing conventional curtains with blinds is fast catching trend.
But before you decide to replace you curtains or partitions with blinds, you must have a basic idea about the different kinds of blinds that you can use.
- Window treatment is a versatile concept. However, blinds corm is one of the most crucial treatment patterns. You could have a wide array of window blinds to choose from for your use. All that you need to do is browse through the various options and choose the one according to your taste.
- Venetian blinds are the most common type of blinds and it suits almost any kind of room and any type of purpose. This kind of blinds are made out of horizontal slates adhered to each other. These slates can be fully pulled up so that your windows can be made free of blinds and light can come in unhindered. Venetian blinds are not only very practical in their use but they also give a very stylish look.
- Roman blinds are also very common and are mostly used in offices and public building. Nowadays, these blinds are being used in residential setups as well. The uniqueness of Roman blinds is in the fact that they look like attractive drapes when you completely lower it. This gives the perfect feeling of having a drapery.
- You could also consider vertical blinds. These blinds are the most elegant ones and they stand out. Just like venetian blinds, vertical blinds too can be used to block or completely unblock the entry of light. But a wonderful feature with these blinds is that if you rotate them perpendicularly to your window, and then you can have sufficient light entering your room.
- Roller blinds are also very common for windows. These are highly durable and are very practical in their use. These work great to let all the light enter you room and again block every bit of light from entering and make your room completely dark when you want to. You can lift these blinds up and clean your window with great ease. Made out of plastic, these blinds last very long.
Once you are aware of the different types of blinds, you are likely to visit stores for purchasing when you visit the stores, you would be presented with a wide array of blinds again. The most common types of blinds and shades that you would be shown are discussed below.
- Wood and Faux Wood Blinds
You would be shown a huge variety of wooden blinds made out of birch or bamboo or maple. These add immense elegance to the room it is placed and are great for rooms already having a wooden setting.
- Vertical Blind Alternatives
These are similar to the regular vertical blinds. These blinds do not have gaps in them and thus the light control can be of greater level with the use of these blinds.
- Aluminum Blinds
These durable blinds help to give great control over the darkness and the light of any room. These blinds also come with many features.
- Pleated Blinds
Pleated shades bear a cloth material that can be folded as it goes up and can be unfolded as it comes down.
- Exterior Blinds
These blinds are very common on large windows and four season porches where you can use them as per your discretion.
- Solar or Roller Blinds
You can have light-dimming options from these shades and these are great for open living spaces. Such blinds help to safeguard you room from harmful UV rays and also work excellently as bathroom blinds.
- Roman Shades
You can have such shades and blinds in a variety of colors. A cloth that is designed to fold like an accordion is used in these shades.
Hope you like the above mentioned information. If you would like to know more then click here and get few more additional details about Blinds.