The best thing about having a classic interior setup is that it never runs out of style. Furthermore, since classic decorations and furnishings are more comfortable than any other type of setup, in addition to looking the best, not only does it serve for efficient functioning, but also adds up to the beauty of a place. It does not matter whether your classic piece is traditional or contemporary, but the fact that it has been the one of the best of its kinds in a particular age means that it’s going to be evergreen for quite a while. Here are some tips to guide you with some classic decoration ideas that are sure to amaze not only you but also mesmerize visitors.
1. Lighten up with white: White never runs out of fashion and regardless of how many new colours come and go, the place of white in interior decoration will never be forgotten. It not only adds up to your place’s beauty but also creates a classy look. Along with white paint, focus on white upholstery and furniture. If you feel like it’s getting too boring, you can use different accents of the same hue and add some extra depth and dimension!
2. Visual divisions: Add some architectural details to your room, such as adding wooden ceiling beams or keeping two alternative sofa sets. Add some woody or wood-coloured appearances to your living room.
3. Mix shades and styles: Casual and formal, old and new, and neutral and bold to give a unique look to your living room. For example, you can use a neutral, single-toned sofa set and armchair to striped, patterned, or floral draperies. This will not only add a touch of tradition, but will also add some variety to your living room.
4. Layer your neutrals: If you’re a pattern of softer colours, you should consider layering your shades up to create a dynamic effect. Place a crème of white coloured sofa by the wall, and paint the nearby window with a shade of light grey or beige, or plan out something similar for all regions of your living room. This is going to look very clean.
5. Modernize your classics: Classical prints are getting trendy once again! Cover your modern upholstery with classical prints such as hounds tooth check or other similar patterns. Apply them to your cushions and pillows as well!
6. Create a wall gallery: Random collections of artistic pieces, particularly paintings, look awesome on walls! Hang some traditional paintings and cover a whole wall with them. Just be sure not to form a clutter or else your efforts will go down the drain.
7. Add up historical elements: Adjacent to a contemporary sofa, place an upholstered wooden chair. Or, use a coffee table which looks more like a chest than a table. Install some wooden blinds behind modern curtains. Small additions of traditional goods will add up a sense of lavishness to your living room.
8. Create open space: Just like huge palaces had lots of open spaces in their rooms, use the same technique in your living room if the amount of space allows. Use larger pieces of furniture and considering adopting a ‘floating furniture plan’ which won’t let the room look dull and empty even with limited furnishings.
These were a few classic decoration ideas for living room. To create a classic themed room, you do not have to make it an antique space. Create a blend!