Blinds and shutters are known to be the classic window treatment choice as both the elements never fail to add architectural design and stylish look directly to your windows. Blinds and shutters can be of great value when you consider adding them as value to your home or commercial property. The elegant design of blinds and shutters looks extremely attractive from both the inside and the outside, no matter which kind of window you have at your place. Wooden, PVC and plastic varieties are some of the types of blinds and shutters that you always find to be effective replacements for the traditional window drapes and curtains.
Window Coverings, Blinds and Shutters How Do They Create a Better Space for Allowing Light to Pass Through:
Window coverings can be functional and purely decorative at the same time. At the time of choosing the perfect window coverings for your home or commercial property, you may come across varieties of modern covering styles available in the market, among them, blinds and shutters are sure the perfect option to inspire a better view at home.
What to Choose Between Blinds and Shutters
If you have never been fond of curtains or you feel curtains may not be a good fit at your place, you have two choice options, i.e. blinds or shutters. You need to check the materials, the cost of the blinds and shutters and also check if the shutters are cheaper than blinds. Manual or motorized is yet another factor that you need to consider. If it is about manual blind then you have to operate it with your hand, but if it is motorized, it leads to ease of operation.
With so many innovative ways to cover up your windows, it can be quite difficult for you to know which window covering will best suit your home. If you’re torn between blinds and shutters, we can help. Below, we will highlight the differences between blinds and shutters so that you’re able to point out the unique characteristics of each so you can decide which is best for your windows.
Let’s First Talk Point Out the Pros and Cons of Blinds:
- Blinds are available in a variety of styles, designs, and colors to choose between.
- Perfectly matches the decor of any home.
- Designed with high-quality materials that suit almost any environment.
- Option to adjust levels of light and shade.
- Blinds are less robust than shutters in comparison.
- Blinds require more maintenance and cleaning than needed in shutters.
- Some fabric types in blinds can become damaged from UV rays due to excessive moisture.
Next, Let’s Point Out the Pros and Cons of Shutters:
- Attractive and suited to any specific home style.
- Shutters are highly durable and last long.
- Safe for children as it comes with no chain.
- Known as excellent insulators.
- Shutters require comparatively lower maintenance.
- Shutters can cost you more compared to blinds.
- Shutters consume more window space than blinds.
- Heavier in size and some may find shutters unsuitable for some window styles.
- Takes up a lengthier installation time that can be annoying sometimes.
No matter if you’ve recently purchased a new house, or the planning of renovating your existing home has come to your mind, choosing between the blinds and shutters can be an ideal choice. Practically, there is no right or wrong answer we can mention when it comes to choosing between blinds and shutters. Both these window treatments can benefit you in a certain manner.
At the end of the day, you’re going to be the one to choose your personal preference and we believe this article will help you understand which window covering to go with.