Different Types of Residential Elevators That Enhance Your Property Value and Provide Great Convenience
So, you are planning to increase the luxury and style of your home by installing a residential elevator in it. This is definitely a smart decision as residential elevators have loads of benefits which include convenience to the family members, added style to the home, increased security of elders and increased value of the property. If you have decided to invest on resident elevators, there has to be some reason for that. Either you have elders in the family who find it difficult to climb the stairs, or if you want to sell of your home or if you are looking for ways to increase its value. Else, you need to add more convenient feature in your property. It does not matter what is your purpose, the main reason to install a residential elevator is beneficial for you in all aspects.
Different Types of Residential Elevators:
Talking of different types of residential elevators that are currently ruling the market, there are three types available – chair elevators, wheelchair elevators, and in-home elevators. Let us take a quick look at each one of them to understand what they are and whether they will help you in meeting your needs.
- Also known as stair elevators these are examples of ingenious appliances that are designed to carry a single individual, who has problems in climbing the stairs from one floor to another. This type of elevator comprises a chair which is attached to a guided rail along the stairs which transports the individual up and down the stairs. Chair elevators are an inexpensive option of residential elevators as they operate on batteries and do not require any separate control rooms or extra construction works for their operation.
- The only disadvantage of the chair elevators is that one person can use them at a time. Also, they can be used by only those people who are unable to walk normally but find it difficult to scale the stairs.
- If someone is on a wheelchair, the elevator chairs will not be able to carry that person along with the wheelchair, which could be a point of inconvenience. However, when you are looking for some residential elevators, you can install the home elevator in your premises. It will provide you great convenience level and you can easily transport your small goods and furniture in these elevators.
The wheelchair elevator is almost the same thing as a chair elevator, with the only addition being that it can be accessed along with the wheelchair. While the chair elevator has a chair to accommodate the person, a wheelchair elevator has a platform, which can carry the individual along with the wheelchair.
Why Would You Choose Home Elevator?
- If you have been planning to install residential elevators to increase the style quotient of the home, it is the in-home elevators which you were looking for. While the other two types are more beneficial for people who need mobility assistance, the in-home elevators are the ones, which will not only provide better mobility solutions but added style as well.
- Depending on the elevator manufacturing company, the in-home elevators usually have a capacity of 900-1000 pounds. These elevators have enough space to carry multiple riders at one go till the time the total weight is within permissible limits.
- Another benefit of in home elevators over the other two types of residential elevators is that these can extend up to 5-6 floors, making it really convenient for the residents of the house.
However, looking at the added value and benefits that it has to offer, one can easily turn a blind eye to these drawbacks.