Almost everyone who loves traveling has Hawaii on their bucket list, over 8-millions are expected to arrive in Hawaii every year. Whether for its amazing white sandy beaches, distinguished mountains, amazing culture, or the “aloha spirit”, Hawaii has something to offer for every taste. Hawaii is formed from eight unique islands; each has its own attraction points that will take your breath away.
Before planning to go to Hawaii, there are some points you need to consider.
When Is the Most Convenient Time to Go to Hawaii?
One of the main reasons why Hawaii is considered to be paradise on earth is its great weather all year around. Hurricane season starts in June and ends on November but big hurricanes are uncommon. It’s warm in the summer, drizzlier and rainy in the winter. Weather and money wise, the best time to visit Hawaii is in the low season that usually takes place in April, May, September, and October. For experienced surfers, it will likely be best to visit Hawaii around January or December as this is when the biggest waves tend to hit Oahu’s North Shore. For water-based activities like snorkeling or swimming, it will be better in the summer as water will be warmer and the waves will be calmer.
Where to Go?
It’s definitely recommended to fly to Hawaii as it’s the fastest way to arrive instead of waiting for long hours in anticipation. The real question is where to land? Only six islands support tourism out of the eight majestic main islands. Oahu, Maui, the Big Island, and Kauai are the most visited islands and it’s for a reason.
- People tend to visit Oahu more for many reasons; its authenticity and vibe, the beaches, and it’s marvelous for families. There are a lot of activities to keep you entertained like hiking, snorkeling, surfing lessons, and many more. If you’re looking for things to do in the Oahu area, Today Oahu has some great ideas. They will give you a full guide to the nightlife, shopping stores, dining places, and everything you need to know about the island.
- Hawaii’s Big Island is mainly visited for the active volcano, waterfall pools, the wildlife, and the astonishing white beaches.
- Maui might be the most expensive island to spend your time in, but it’s the perfect spot for a honeymoon or an anniversary trip as it’s the most romantic spot, with its fancy hotels, restaurants, and spas.
Surprises You Will Encounter
There are some essentials you need to be aware of before deciding on taking the trip to Hawaii.
- Animal quarantine is required for all pets whether it’s the 120-day or 5-day-or-less rabies quarantine, to maintain the status of Hawaii being the only rabies-free state.
- Agricultural declaration needed for plants, seeds, animals and any other agricultural materials, to protect Hawaii’s fragile ecosystem. Bringing non-native types of plants or animals can cause harmful effects on the people and the island.
- There are a lot of extraordinary festivals you can attend depending on the island you are in, and the timing; Aloha Festivals, Merrie Monarch Festival, Honolulu Brewers Festival are a few of the many.
Hawaii is Certainly Exceptional
The uniqueness of the island doesn’t only come from the beaches, the wildlife, or the volcanoes. Hawaii’s thriving culture shows and shines through its people as they are nearly the friendliest people on earth. The aloha spirit is present with the helpful, smiling faces you will find everywhere you go. The people there accept all races as Hawaii is the most ethnically diverse state, it’s influenced by many cultures like Japanese, Korean, Thai, Portuguese, Samoan, Tahitian; Tongan, Micronesian, and Spanish.
There are a lot of reasons to be excited about this trip from the shopping scene, the food, and the inspiration you will find from all the talents there, but we think that the awe-inspiring sunsets and sunrises are enough reasons to pack your bags and go.