Roof is the most essential part of the house. Previously, metal roofing was considered for only agricultural and commercial purposes but in recent times, residential sectors have been using it regularly. The installations of metal roof in the residential establishments have almost doubled from a couple of years now. With the choices in materials, design, and finishes available with the different metal roofing sheets manufacturers, homeowners have been using them for building their houses. It is important for you to know about the types of the metal roof available, pros and cons, and other features before you buy them.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Metal Roofing Sheets:
There are many advantages of metal roofing sheets. You can buy from different metal roofing sheets manufacturers. Some of the advantages are:
- Different materials of metal roofs are available in a wide range of color, styles, and textures. Copper roof are considered the most attractive metal roof that you can purchase from metal roofing sheets manufacturers. It is easy to mold into any style and it looks aesthetically beautiful. Other metals can be painted to give a different look.
- Most metal roofs are light in weight and highly portable. Copper, stainless steel, etc. are light in weight as compared to tile roof or asphalt.
- Almost all metal roofs are energy efficient. So, you can save a lot over air conditioning costs.
- It is easy to maintain the metal roofs. Most of them are durable and resistant to corrosion and damage.
There are some disadvantages of the metal roofing sheets too. Costs of some of the metal roofs are high like copper and zinc. Metal roofs can be noisy and without snow guards, it can be risky with snow sliding off.
Types of Metal Roofs Available
Metal roofing sheets manufacturers can offer you two kinds of metal roofing. The first is the conventional metal roofing sheets and second kind is the high-end metal sheets. The first section of metal roofing sheets includes the commonly used materials and has been in use for long time now. The second category includes materials that are expensive and looks beautiful, as well.
- Aluminum is one of the metal roofing sheets used commonly in the residential establishments. It is considered ideal for coastal areas, as the material is resistant to salt corrosion unlike other metals. It is light in weight, never rusts, and is less expensive. With a coat of paint, it can look aesthetically good. But, the chances of getting damaged or having dents is high for aluminum, as it is very thin.
- Steel is another common material that metal roofing sheets manufacturers can offer. The steel is much stronger and heavier than aluminum. With a coating and finish, it is possible to make it durable and resistant to corrosion. It can be energy efficient and highly affordable.
- Copper is a high-end material offered from metal roofing sheets manufacturers. Copper has been used as roofing for centuries today. It can be easy to shape copper, it can be recycled, and it does not rust, and it looks beautiful. However, it is expensive and can easily get damage from harshness of weather.
- Zinc can last long and can be 100% recycled. It is easy to shape zinc and easy to maintain too. This energy saving material is expensive and is not resistant to corrosion.
Other popular metal for roofing are tin, stainless steel, and other alloy roofing products. With so many options available, it can be confusing for homeowners to choose the right material as metal roof. You must consider all the pros and cons of each product before you buy any of the metal roof sheets.