Pallets are one of the most widely used in the transport and shipping industries, both domestically and around the world. Many organizations use pallets for loading and unloading materials. Also, they are a great resource for reclaimed wood. However, old pallets are often neglected and dumped into wastage. So, here are some interesting things about pallets.
Have you ever wondered what to do with an Old Pallet?
You might have seen wooden pallets sitting outside of a commercial building or outside your own house and wondered what happens to them! Unfortunately, a lot of times they tend to wind up in the garbage, so wooden pallets are a kind of a burden for the wastage disposal system, and a heavy drain on resources. So all we need to do is, give them a new life by re-using or recycle pallets.
Making a smart and right choice
There are lot of things you can do with the old pallets. At the same time, you don’t want to waste more time and money behind an old pallet. You can use things of your own choice, it really depends on the final outcome of your desired product. So, making a wise choice is necessary. Here are some of the things you can do:
- Old pallets are good enough for decorations and household furniture’s when you can’t afford to buy ready made one.
- You can make an attractive wall shelf for keeping books, photo frames, etc.
- You can build attractive birdhouses, beautiful arts for yourself or for sale. You can even use paints to make them look more attractive.
- Pallet Gardening: If you are short on space, pallet gardens are a great way to start temporary gardens with recycle pallets.
- If you have a nice big patio area, you can quickly make a patio with an old pallet.
- A self contained sand-box with a seating to play for kids; kids will absolutely love this innovative idea.
- Hanging Chair: This will look like a hammock made of wood rather than canvas. The wood panels surely conform to your body when you sit on it, so it’s definitely comfortable.
- Picnic Table: You may need couple of pallets for this kind of table. It will convert into a portable, light-weight table.
- Old pallets or recycle pallets could be used for outside projects like benches, pots, or compost bins.
- Last but not least, if the pallets are really old and unfit for reuse, recycling is the best option; you can always use it for land refill since they are biodegradable.
Things to remember
Always, make sure that the pallet you find is relatively clean. Any porous surface used to make wood pallet has the potential to shelter many types of bacteria. Avoid re-using pallets that are used at grocery stores, as they are more prone to food spillage. Inspect it for smells, strange discoloration, oil stains or mold. Always prefer a heat-treated (HT) pallet than a chemically treated pallet since HT recycle pallets are eco-friendlier when they undergo recycling. Heat-treated pallets will have “HT” mark on them and they are not harm to our health. For everyone’s health and the environment, don’t burn pallet wood. Rather, you can literally increase the life of a pallet by re-using or recycling it.
All that said, pallets do make good forage materials for outdoor project, if you get to know the history of the pallet you are using, they are useful for indoor projects too. If you’re looking for the best pallet recycling, then you must need an expert services for recycle pallets. They can be turned into just about anything with minimal cost, effort and skill. Creating a piece of material from an old pallet is the best way to reuse wood that would otherwise be thrown away, and perhaps that’s their best green purpose when it comes to recycle pallets.