A fireplace can add to the decor of your home, besides, it also has other utilities to offer. However, it can be dangerous at times. Unless the chimney of the fireplace is cleaned on a regular basis and cleaned properly, it can lead into something serious and might even cause fire hazards. You can call the chimney cleaners and inspectors for a routine checkup of your chimney. They would carry out a thorough inspection and would ensure that any blockage or other issues are fixed. If you have a fireplace in your home, then it is always advisable to avail professional chimney repairs service.
What are the Different Chimney Hazards which you Might Face?
When it comes to your fireplace, it is quite simple to keep it in a good shape; however, when it comes to the chimneys, it is a different matter altogether. Without proper investigation and without the help of proper tools and equipment, it can be very difficult to confirm if there is a structural damage in your chimney or any sort of physical damages.
- Creosote is one of the very common issues that can be associated with traditional chimneys. This is a highly flammable substance and is produced by the burning of coal and wood in the fireplace.
- Creosote can be in different forms depending on the type of fuel used in the fireplace and the volume of condensation that takes place inside the chimney.
- Creosotes are usually black or dark brown in appearance. They are flaky and dry and have a sticky, tar-like appearance. They can also be quite hard and shiny.
If you allow creosote to build up inside the chimney, in that case, it can lead to chimney fires, which can be quite dangerous. These are slow-burning fires which damage the internal structure of your chimney. The only way you can detect the growth of creosote inside your chimney is by hiring a professional chimney repairs service. But before you hire the services, you must check their certification, work experience and which the accurate tools are with which they intend to unclog your chimneys.
How to Prevent Chimney Problems?
If you have a fireplace, then the chimney problems are bound to occur. The best way to keep your chimneys in the best shapes is by repairing the structural problems as soon as the start to appear and make sure that creosotes are not getting developed inside the chimney. When it comes to some of the minor repairs, you can carry them out by yourself; however, it is always advisable to get in touch with the professionals in order to get the best of results. This has to be done just before the winters, as you need the chimneys in full working condition, especially if you have a fireplace in your house.
You can choose from different Chimney Repairing Companies
The companies which offer chimney repairing and cleaning services also carries out the work of chimney inspection.
- They carry out three different types of inspections, which are monthly, quarterly and annually. In the case of the commercial properties, where the chimney is used continuously, a monthly inspection is recommended.
- The Chimney repairing and maintenance companies will at first carry out a thorough inspection of your chimney, both from outside and inside. If they find any structural problems, damaged on the outside, they would recommend the remedy.
- If they find any signs which might indicate any damage or blockage on the inside then they would carry out a further inspection in order to confirm it and would take necessary steps to resolve the issue.
It is always advisable to avail professional chimney repairs service as they are safe and would ensure 100% remedy to the problem.