Oh, the joy (and stress) of decorating for Christmas! This festive season brings excitement, and sometimes a bit of concern to some. Decorating your home for Christmas has become everyone’s tradition—challenging you each time to bring new ideas to life.
This Yuletide season, consider having a simple yet elegant interior and exterior Christmas decoration for your home. This article is meant to help you decorate your home for Christmas, as well as some practical tips—so keep reading!
Indoor Christmas Decorating Ideas
The following indoor Christmas decorations ideas will surely liven up your home.
Placing garland in the dining area
You can create a DIY garland out of an evergreen tree trimmings. Similarly, you can hang it on a chandelier or in the middle of the dining table to make it look festive and classy. Adding candles, pinecones and red silver Christmas ornaments will increase the design of the centerpiece.
Amazing Grace near the fireplace
Having a fireplace in your home is a perfect match for any indoor decorations such as garland and pine cone hanging around it. These designs are enhanced by the glow of fire blaze, aside from the warmth it brings into your room making it more comfortable.
Snowman at the door
For a winter wonderland feel, then Snowman’s presence is all you need. You can make it with just pieces of paper. Likewise, don’t forget to wrap him with a scarf to keep him warm. Moreover, enhanced this decoration with a string of garland and lights placed around the door frame.
This Christmas decor blends perfectly with the other indoor decorations. You can put a chalkboard beside the carousel and write a personalized message and greetings to your loved ones.
Create an advent tree made of wood instead of using a calendar. Once the advent tree is built you need to fasten 25 buckets onto the tree and number them from 1 to 25.
If you don’t want a typical Christmas tree with a green and red color, then, it’s time to make it out of a small ornamental tree and decorate it. Use a spool of ribbon as its base and use any color that you desire. Don’t forget to add a star on top.
Outdoor Christmas Decorating Ideas
The right outdoor Christmas decorations should be joyous, tasteful and spirited instead of just over-dressing your front house with Christmas lights. Below are some great outdoor decor ideas.
- Simple but elegant. Hung a simple wreath on your door or window. Simply letting the spirit of Christmas come into your home.
- Decorate the outdoor fireplace. The outdoor fireplace should be treated equally as your indoor. Try placing a garland and a bowl of fruit beside it.
- Place a Santa Claus. In the front porch, a life-size Santa Claus and a mailbox near it so kids can send their letters to the North Pole—is always a good idea.
- Christmas Tree. Opt to place a full-sized Christmas Tree on your porch. Or if you want, double the trees to have a double presence.
- Wrap columns. Cover the columns with holiday lights and garlands to a more dreamy look.
- Display a sled. If you were able to keep an old sled you can reuse it and then hung it to your front door.
- Neaten up your railings. Another way of decorating your outdoor is to wrap your railings with a ribbon. It’s quite simple yet impactful.
Christmas decorations that can reduce your property’s value
If you have no choice but to sell your house this season, then consider these:
- How you decorate your home for Christmas can have a great impact on its selling potential
- Particular Christmas decorations to avoid when selling your home such as:
- Colored, flashing tree lights – buyers will be turned off if you install colored and flashy Christmas tree lights. The best option is a tree with white lights.
- Exterior decorations – Limit outdoor decorations outside your house except for a garden.
Over-the-top decorations – if your selling your property then removed all fancy decorations installed in it. Potential buyers do not want to see personal clutter or litter found in the interior and exterior because they prefer seeing it as is.