Housing demolition was once upon a time primarily and exclusively used in military tactics to draw out enemies from a particular shelter into the open air, so it would be easier for the military personnel to target them and accomplish their mission. Well, now the definition has widened. Housing demolition went outside the boundaries of military terminology to the real estate industry where the people have adopted the word in its literal sense.
What is Housing Demolition All About?
Housing demolition now encompasses the act of destroying a structure to build a new structure in its place or to renovate it completely from scratch. But with a few precautions in mind, that can be overcome very easily. Here are a few crucial tips to remember during a housing demolition. Before any form of demolition, you need to go for the building guidelines which will enable you to hire the right companies for demolition. They have all the right tools and equipments for demolition.
Precautions to Keep in Mind During Housing Demolition
- Hire experienced and qualified demolition contractor: Hiring the correct demolition contractor for the job is the key thing to ensure the safety and the absolute sustenance of the project as well as its quality. Check out the previous track record of the said contractor, connect with its previous clients and enquire about their efficiency, their timings and their schedule before hiring them. Sometimes it becomes very uneconomical to hire such contractors, but you shouldn’t compromise anything for safety and quality. Depending on the base, the ground level and the types of house that you want to demolish, the hirers can quote the price.
- Equipment handling and proper protection of employees: Hiring employees who has a great know how of handling the proper equipment during such housing demolition process should be your first priority after the demolition contractor. An employee working in the housing demolition should know what equipment to use and when. They should have the technical knowledge and skills to do so. It is your responsibility as a developer to do a quick check to see whether the employees tick all those boxes. Make sure each employee has all the precautionary garments as well as all the paraphernalia such gloves, mask, helmets and working boots.
- Hire experienced and trained employees: This is a basic thing yet the most necessary criterion that you need to address. This is not only a question of safety but also quality. Different employee has different set of skills that benefits the entire demolition process. Certain aspects of the process demand absolute confidence and certain level of maturity handling explosives and operating heavy cranes.
- Bracing the ceilings and walkaway: Bracing, by definition means to provide strength and vigor to a certain structure so that its structural integrity is not compromised. A ceiling is braced with many methods but the most effective of them is the cloud suspension brace which does not ensure safety but also helps to move the hanger wires without much hindrance and difficulty. It’s basically done with either wood or metal, suspended few inches below the fragile roof, to keep it from falling.
- Evacuation: It imperative that you should do a last or final sweep of the entire building before the entire process begins. You must make sure to check every room, kitchen, bathroom, every nook and cranny of the house prior to the demolition. Keep everyone at safe distance at the time of demolition.
You can now choose the active, certified and the licensed demolition services that will allow you to go through the right processes of demolition. Hire companies that also go for the right tools and technology for the process of recycling.